Friday, May 6, 2011

Deceased, Allahyarham Lt Col Istamar Teguh..

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un. I got to know Lt Col Istamar Teguh death's while reading an article by Brig Gen Mohd Arshad Raji (R) today entitled '9th Battalion Royal Malay Regiment' , at his website 'Mind No Evil' , the excerpt as follows:

'I had send a message to my Commander requesting that I be relieve of my command only after I had completed my tour of operational duty.  Earlier, I had received a message from HQ 4th Infantry Brigade ordering me to report for duty without delay, and it was because of this message that I had requested from my Commander to allow me to complete my operational duty first. My request however was not agreeable to HQ 4th Infantry Brigade, and I had to hand over the battalion while on operational duty to the late Lt Col Istama Teguh, who had just been appointed the CO of the newly raised 31st Battalion RMR.'


According to the good General , he died more than 10 years ago.


No comments: